sábado, 28 de agosto de 2010

It's a small world

Watch this video, where John meets different people at a party.



Self-study activity:
1) Who are the seven people John meets? Number the people from the list: The host, a couple, an old friend, a person he doesn't recognise, a person he likes a lot, you, someone he's surprised to see.

2) What does John say to each different person?
    Example: 1 an old friend: Hello! How are you? It’s good to see you again.

3) Are the sentences true or false?
a) He doesn’t know many people at the party.
b) He pretends to know the second person.
c) He’s polite to the host.
d) He likes both of the people in the couple.
 
4) Stop the video when John talks to you and answer his questions.

Key to exercises 1 and 2:
2 a person he doesn’t recognise: How are you? Who are you?
3 a person he likes a lot: How are you? You look amazing.
4 the host: Great party! Thank you for inviting me. I mean it. Thank you. I'm having such a good time.
5 someone he’s surprised to see: What are you doing here? It’s a small world.
6 a couple: Hey guys. It's great to see you again. Excuse me.
7 you: I don't think I know you. My name's John. What's your name? What do you do? Really? It's very nice to meet you. Tell me more about yourself.
Key to exercise 3: 1F; 2T; 3T; 4F

You can read the script here.

This activity has been adapted from Global Pre-intermediate, Macmillan

No hay comentarios: