miércoles, 23 de marzo de 2011

Hallmark commercial

Hallmark Cards is an American company who is the largest manufacturer of greeting cards in the US. Here it is their latest commercial.

Self-study activity:
Watch the commercial and enjoy it, as it is really funny.

Then complete the gaps in the text below with the missing information. The extract corresponds to the second part of the commercial, when the bride's brother makes a speech during the reception.



Can I have your attention? Can I have everyone’s attention, please? I’d like to say a few words about my sister.

Oh, no.

Well, I’m not really very good at this kind of thing but here it goes.

Oh, this is gonna be good.

Angie, you’ve been blessed to find someone you can (1) ... with. Together you’ve learned that love just doesn’t just (2) ... . You have to (3) ... it, craft it, nurture it. It can be even better when it’s been (4) ... in the palm of the hand and cradled (5) ... . You’ve (6) ... a love that is enduring, stunning in its (7) ... . Congratulations on your wedding and continuing to create your lives together.
I didn’t actually write those words, but I do mean them. I love you, Angie.

That was beautiful, Chris.

Now, you eat up everyone. My mum paid like (8) ...  for that cake.

You can check the answers by reading the full transcription of the ad here.