domingo, 9 de octubre de 2011

Talking point: Making decisions

Do you find it difficult to make decisions?
What helps you to make good decisions?
Do you usually turn to someone for help before making a decision
How long do you take to make up your mind before making a decision?
Have you experienced decision fatigue?
Do you think that being tired erodes your willpower?
Do you remember an important decision you made that you know regret?
Do you remember an important decision you made that you are really happy about?

Get together with your conversation group and discuss all the ins and outs of decision-making for you. Before you get together to talk, you may like to gain some insight into the topic through The New York Times article Do you suffer from decision fatigue?


During your discussion with your friends you will be stating your views all the time. Remember to use some of the following expressions when you express your opinion:

In my opinion/view …
Personally, I think …
I really don’t think …
[It seems] to me …
As I see it …
I reckon …
As far as I'm concerned
To be perfectly honest …