viernes, 18 de mayo de 2012

A wall of books

Only yesterday I was informing you that I had been so badly pressed for time in the last few weeks that I had been unable to post an entry on Earth Day.

The same story goes for today's post, which I had meant to write about for 23rd April, Book Day. This is a great idea by Mª Jesús García, an EOI teacher at EOI Luarca, who is the person behind Stop and Learn English and who came up with the initiative A Wall of Books to encourage students and people in general to read by posting a short review of a book that had made an impact on them.

I must confess I had intended to take part in A Wall of Books by posting about my all-time favourite, Brazaville Beach by William Boyd, but once again, I was simply snowed under and not psyched up for it.

Anyway, better late than never, as they say. Go through the countless suggestions on A Wall of Books and, who knows?,  you may find something to busy yourself with a good read and you can also get the writing bug and try your hand at reviewing a book you enjoyed.