jueves, 17 de mayo de 2012

When I get older

I had meant to post this video for 22nd April to commemorate Earth Day, but I have been so busy for weeks on end preparing exams and stuff that I have been unable to do it till today.

This is a video I discovered through David Deubel and his great EFLClassroom. A group of children are telling their teacher what they would like to be when they are older.

Self-study activity:
Watch the video and complete the transcript with the missing words. Most of the missing words refer to jobs and words related to the environment. The activity is suitable for Básico 2 students.



Tyler, can I ask you a question?
Yes.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
A (1)... .
And Sofia? What about you?
A (2) ... .
A (2) ....!
I’ll be…  a (3) ... .
I would like to be in the (4) ... business to make a lot of money.
Lots and lots and lots of money.
I will sell oxygen masks.
I would like to sell some (5) ... .
I would like to (6) ... new types of cancer.
I want to be a (7) ... because I need to defend the country from other people trying to get in.
I want to study (8) ... .
(9) ... .
Drought.
(10) ... .
Viruses.
I’d like to be an (11) ... so I can get out of this place.

Key:
1 doctor 2 fireman 3 nurse 4 water 5 medicine 6 research 7 soldier 8 storms 9 Fires 10 Pollution 11 astronaut