jueves, 14 de junio de 2012

Love Sick

Love Sick is a short film by Kevin Mark which won the 2011 Utah Arts Fringe Film Festival. I found it entertaining and with an easy story line to follow.

Just watch it and enjoy it, and see if you can predict the ending. You can find the transcript below.



It couldn't really end like this, could it? Not after what I've just been through.  We're gonna get through this, right?  We're gonna be together forever, right?

I'm starting to think otherwise.  Maybe Justin Bieber was right.  Maybe there was no Juliet for this Romeo.  No Meg Ryan for this Tom Hanks. Maybe there is no such thing as love.

And just as I was about to resign myself to a life of cat ownership, I saw her.  The girl of my dreams! I have to think fast.  A train leaves the station travelling at 27 miles per hour. The next station is 14 city blocks away. If a man leaves that same station on foot but takes one massive shortcut, will he spend the rest of his life alone?  I was incredibly out of shape. But every fiber of my being told me I couldn't let this one go. I have to keep pushing. I was going to make it! I wasn't going to make it. What was this? Wait a minute! Bieber!

And just like that, she was gone. The next station was in for miles. I had nothing left but flat tire and a broken heart. It couldn't really end like this, could it? Not after what I've just been through. We're gonna get through this, right? We're gonna be together forever, right?

I'm starting to think otherwise. Maybe Justin Bieber was right. Maybe there was no Juliet for this Romeo. No, no Courtney Love for this Kurt Cobain. Maybe there is no such thing as love. And just as I was about to renew my "World of Warcraft" membership, I saw her. The girl of my dreams.