lunes, 17 de septiembre de 2012

Lady Gaga on acting

Self-study activity:
This is Lady Gaga's appearance on the Ellen show towards the end of last year. Watch this two-minute clip and answer the questions below.



1 Is Lady Gaga offered jobs in the acting world?
2 What problem does she have with that?
3 What dream does she have as far as acting in concerned?
4 What has she just finished doing? What's she planning to do next?
5 Why doesn't she buy a house?
6 Where does she live?

To check your answers you can read the transcript below.

You know I always, when I talk about acting, I’m always surprised that no one ever asks me to audition. 
Because... do they offer you just jobs without auditioning? 
Ya because they’ll just say we want her to do this movie. And I’m just like: “Why, you’ve never seen me act before.” I wanna audition, I wanna work for it, you know, so I I sort of, when I get offered jobs and I don’t audition for then I...
Turn them down? 
Ya, I turn them down. 
So if someone asked you to audition, you’ll go audition? 
Hell ya!
Alright, and what would you wanna – would you wanna do comedy? Would you wanna do drama? Do you have any ideas of what you’d wanna do? 
I don’t really know, I guess my dream would be to be in a Woody Allen movie or something. That would be, that would be sort of my dream. 
Alright, let’s make that happen, maybe he will make you audition? 
Maybe? I’d like to audition.
Ya.
Before we go I just, you’re going on tour, you just finished touring, most people would just fall down for a year, you’re getting ready to go back on tour again, right? 
I can’t wait! I’m so excited. 
You just love touring. 
Ya, well, it’s it’s I love it and also it’s just not so different from my day to day life because I don’t have a home still. 
Well you could buy one, you know. 
I could. I just, I’m a gypsy. You know, I really just, I can’t plan my life out like that so much and then I think, oh gosh! what a waste of money to buy a place when I’m on the road, you know, even though like maybe it might not seem like a big deal because you know I’m like a pop singer or whatever, it’s still like hurts to write a check when you didn’t like you know.
Not if you’re gonna be there. 
It’s a lot of money. 
But, you know, you’re in a hotel all the time. 
I was, we were laughing, everybody's laughing 'cause when I signed my tax returns this year I had to get completely wasted, I was just like: they were just – they’ were just holding me up, I was like, I just couldn’t even, it’s unbelievable. 
Yes, it’s a lot. It’s that mo’ money mo’ problems that Biggie told us about.