jueves, 25 de octubre de 2012

Dictation time with Beyoncé

Beyoncé helped promoting The World Humanitarian Day 2012 celebrated on 19th August this year. I thought this might be a good opportunity for us to find out about this charity while intermediate students putting their listening skills to the test.

Self-study activity:
Watch the 50-second clip and try to transcribe everything Beyonce says (and sings).



You can read the transcript of the ad below.

If you feel dictations are a good practice for developing your language skills, you can try dictationsonline.com, where you will find short dictations for English students of all levels.



And you can also try, especially at Básico 2 and Intermediate 1 levels, Listen A Minute, one of the eight web sites by Sean Banville.


On August 19th 2012, it’s high time we rise together.
Do one thing for another human being.
Nothing is too small,
It begins with each of us.
Make your mark, and say I was here.
Go to whd-iwashere.org and together we’ll make our stories known.
I was here.
I live.
I love.
One day, one message.
One billion people taking action for each other.
I’ll see you then.