lunes, 28 de enero de 2013

Jessie J on The Voice

The Voice UK is a BBC television show which somehow resembles Factor X. It is a singing talent show where artists are selected in blind auditions by four coaches/judges, who will go on to mentor and train them through a number of stages until one of them is mentioned "The Voice UK".

In the video clip here, Jessie J, one of the coaches/judges, tells us why she has got involved in the programme and some of the ins and outs of the show.

Self-study activity:
Watch the clip and complete the blanks in the transcript with the missing words. The activity is suitable for intermediate students.



The reason I got involved in The Voice is because it’s all in the (1) ... . There are many things that you can do in the industry and many things that the (2) ...   ...  can create but the voice is the main thing for me, always has been and always will be. I like the (3) ... , the idea of it. It’s (4) ... , it’s new, it’s something I think everyone is gonna want to watch and I just like the idea of being behind something that's about the voice. The Voice is about the (5) ... , the technique, you know, the (6) ... , I think that’s the most important thing.

It’s real, it’s not about what you (7) ...   ... or the package or the story, you know, or how many people you bring to the (8) ... or you whether you can do a back flip, it’s about (9) ...   ...   ...  in the moment. And it’s not going to be all just hands, you know, smokes and mirrors, it’s going to be… we didn’t like that, and this is why. There are things that happen that make you (10) ... if you allow them to. I love the fact that the four (11) ... are completely different. I've (12) ...   ... with the three guys and I've learnt so much... So I don’t know how the (13) ... is going… I feel like I'm going to be able to write a book at the end of this (13) ... . I think the UK audience needs something real, whether they're ready for it...who knows?

Key:
1 title 2  music world 3 format 4 fresh 5 tone 6 control 7 look like 8 audition 9 there and then 10 stronger 11 coaches 12 hung out 13 series