lunes, 23 de diciembre de 2013

The Bear & The Hare -Christmas ad

Poor Bear is the only animal that never gets to celebrate Christmas because he has to hibernate every year. However, this year is different. This year Hare has a brilliant idea.

Enjoy this beautiful song by Keane, Somewhere only we know, and if you are in the mood, complete the gaps in the lyrics below. The activity is suitable for Básico 2 and Intermediate 1 students.



There once was an animal who had never seen Christmas.

I (1) ... across an empty land.
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand.
I felt the earth beneath my (2) ... ,
Sat by the river and it made me complete.

Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I’m getting old and I need something to rely on.

So tell me when you’re gonna let me in.
I’m getting (3) ... and I need somewhere to begin.
I came across a (4) ... tree,
I felt the (5) ... of it looking at me.
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I’ve been (6) ... of?

Oh simple thing where have you gone?
I’m getting old and I need something to rely on.

And if you have a (7) ... why don’t we go
Talk about it (8) ... only we know?
This could be the end of everything.
So why don’t we go
(9) ... only we know?

Key:
1 walked 2 feet 3 tired 4 fallen 5 branches 6 dreaming 7 minute 8 somewhere 9 Somewhere