viernes, 2 de mayo de 2014

Mother's Day

4th May (the first Sunday of May) is Mother's Day in Spain

Thank you Mum is a video which Michael Marantz filmed for Mother's Day and which I heard about through Larry Ferlazzo.

Self-study activity:
Watch the video and complete the blanks in the transcript with the missing words.


Thank You Mom from Michael Marantz on Vimeo.

You’re ready? Standby, focusing, initiating, sound speeds. Thanks mum. You did a lot of good work. Here we is
Thank you mum for lying for me to get me out of trouble when I (1)...  . I (1) ... .
Thank you mummy for making my (2) ... .
Thank you for teaching me to eat (3) ... .
Thank you mum for giving me (4) ... .
Thank you for helping me with my (5) ... .
For making me (6) ... in front of your friends.
For showing me (7) ...  when I was young.
For my first (8) ... camera
Thank you for buying me this (9)... .
For keeping me out of (10) ... and thank you for taking care of me when I was in (10) ... .
Thank you for being a nut-job and dancing spontaneously and (11)... .
Thank you for teaching me how to (12) ... .
For never getting on to me about the (13) ... .
For getting me out of trouble when I burnt down a (14) ... .
For teaching me the (15) ... .
For letting me (16) ... you.
For helping me (17) ... the little things.
For standing by me no matter how many stupid (18) ... I made.
For always making me (19) ... .
For teaching me how to (20) ... .
For (21) ...  my whole life.
For not giving up on me when I (22) ... .
For teaching me how to make (23) ... .
For always being the (24) ...  to cry on when I need you.
For being my (25) ... .
Thank you mum.
Thanks mum.
Thank you. I love you.

Key:
1shoplifted 2 breakfast 3 fruit and vegetables 4 good looks 5 homework 6 dance 7 punk music 8 SLR 9 t-shirt 10 jail 11 having fun 12 laugh 13 beard 14 forest 15 tune of life 16 love 17 appreciate 18 choices 19 feel better 20 love 21 taking care of me 22 ran away 23 mistakes 24 shoulder 25 rock