viernes, 23 de enero de 2015

Atrium history

This is an ad to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Atrium, the oldest shopping mall in Moscow, back in 2012.

Self-study activity:
Watch the video and complete the blanks in the transcript with the missing words. The activity is suitable for intermediate students.


Atrium. History (International Version) from Hype Production on Vimeo.

I have seen how you’ve learned to enjoy things that seem ordinary to you nowadays: the food (1) ... , the multiplex, the shopping mall.
I saw you taking your first steps in those (2) ... shoes at the bowling alley.
I got to know you, when you had no idea what rugula was.
You couldn’t pronounce the word Mojito.
When using chopsticks was a (3) ... .
I witness you falling for (4) ... .
And laugh me at time.
I remember you (5) ... for hours in front of fast fashion outlets only to line up for (6) ...   ... and finally not needing them at all.
Her parties and clubs were replaced by parties and now (7) ...   .... . And that was awesome.
I remember you frozen with (8) ... waiting for a crisis and how shopping became a (9) ... .
How cooking at home became more chic than eating out, (10) ... probably your wallet didn’t agree.
I remember you making fun of hipsters and suddenly starting to dress like one.
Trends change I stay the same.
Atrium to be continued.

Key:
1 court 2 clumsy 3 challenge 4 glamour 5 queuing 6 changing rooms 7 moving places 8 fear 9 cure 10 though