viernes, 29 de mayo de 2015

What would you miss if you lived off the grid?

We all dream from time to time of escaping it all and heading for the hills, but is it all it's cracked up to be? BBC Pop Up speaks to residents of two remote villages in the Rocky Mountains.



Real pizza, you know, real food, you know, deli sandwich at six in the morning that has a nice runny egg with a piece of ham oh that is perfect, you know what I’m saying.
That’s great.
That’s what I miss. I don’t miss anything else.
The west is the best. Reason that I like living in the mountains cause in the car out of because everything’s so big and immense. You feel small here. Kind of brings you into yourself.
I don’t know, I think that when you are constantly surrounded by nature, you care more about environmental issues because you can see what we are destroying.
Nature? Just the surroundings, the people, we are not so caught up in the rat race.
I came out here, I lost weight, I started hiking, I’ve not been to a doctor since.
He can’t meet a woman to save his life.
I think that Colorado would be the perfect state if it had an ocean.
I miss sailing.
I miss my bars. I miss, you know, nightlife a lot but at the end of the day I would just rather be coming home to nature and not going home to some place in the city.
To go back there, to all that, to you know the congestion and to all the people there, they’re everywhere, just thick with attitude and I’m better than you and I got possessions.
I moved the Bay area and everybody was just very cold, you know, like you wave to somebody and they are like, you know.
Hermit’s trying to be social is really interesting you know you get a lot of like reclusive artist types that don’t really interact well with society and when they all get together it’s much more interesting than your standard society.
Thanks so much Kate. It was nice to meet you
Yeah, it was nice to meet you too.
Check back on bbc.com/pop-up.
Looking forward to.
Take care.