jueves, 10 de marzo de 2016

Eat Right for Your Shape

Lee Holmes talks about her fifth cookbook, Eat Right for Your Shape, which is based upon Ayurvedic principles.

Self-study activity:
Watch the video and complete the blanks in the transcript with the missing words.



Hello, I'm Lee Holmes and today I'm introducing my fifth book called Eat right for your shape. It's a book that was conjured up in the Ayurvedic kitchens of India. I went back to my Indian (1) ... and spent some time in Kerala last year studying Ayurvedic nutrition, and it was really interesting.
Ayurvedic is quite a complicated and complex subject and I wanted to learn as much as I could, and to instill the information down so that I could bring you a book which is simple to understand and easy to follow. I think that when things get too complicated it can be a real stumbling (2) ... when you’re trying to get healthy, trying to lose weight and feel good about yourself.
The book looks at health and (3) ... holistically and it has a simple approach to feeling well and living in harmony with yourself and your surroundings. Think of it as the union of the mind, body, senses and (4) ....
The practice of Ayurvedic has three main objectives: to prevent disease, encourage wellbeing and promote (5) ... .
There are four key healing modalities that you apply to your life. One of them is eating nourishing food. Cleansing and detoxifying processes help you to purify your body and promote weight loss. There's warm oil massages to eliminate energetic blockages in your body and also yoga and meditation to create physical and emotional transformations.
Through these four healing practices, it focuses on treating the individual as a whole rather than a specific (6) ... or disease so that you can really achieve balance. Immersing myself in Ayurvedic and its philosophies really inspired me to create a practical base book with an emphasis on balance and (7) ... .
When it comes to nutrition there are over (8) ...  delicious recipes in the book and I've divided them into seasons and doshas. A dosha is an energy that circulates around your body and it governs your physiological activity. It can also determine your individual temperament and specific characteristics. There are three doshas: vata, pitta and kapha, and we all have them in varying degrees, and they make up our unique (9) ... .
One of the starting points in the book is establishing your own particular dosha, for your constitution, it will enable you to tailor the principles and recipes to suit you. There's a comprehensive questionnaire in the beginning of the book that will really help you do this. Following that is a chapter on basic yoga poses and (10) ... exercises unique to you to really help you pacify and balance your dosha.
In this book I’ll show you how to apply Ayurvedic principles to your life to (11) ... out your dosha. I cover eating habits, digestion, daily routines, yoga and meditation.
I believe that this is more than just a book about losing weight, and I'm hoping it becomes a book that you can turn to at any point in your life and get in touch with your constitutional needs, and understand how to bring harmony into your life through Ayurvedic.
I really want you to be able to use this book in your own kitchen and feel excited about the recipes enjoying this special unique and (12) ...   ... capabilities. So whatever size or shape you desire to be or are the principles in this book will help you bring your body back into balance.
I really hope that your jump on board this adventure with me and find contentment in your life.

Key:
1 roots 2 block 3 wellness 4 soul 5 longevity 6 issue 7 self-care 8 120 9 nature 10 breathing 11 balance 12 feel good